Wednesday 1 February 2012

Initial and final drafts & Plans for photography - Double page spread

 
I have based my drafts on the NME’s double page spread.
For my DPS I tried different themes and seasons, wanting maybe to take my main picture in snow but I changed my mind and wanted there to be a connection between the front cover image and the dps main image, therefore I decided to take both photo shoots in a studio.
I found that I very much liked the simplicity of NME’s dps where there is one big photo of Florence covering the whole left side page and is overtaking as the background for the right side. So I decided on a layout that would have one big picture going over the whole left side, where the person in the picture how have to use the space with her body – leaning to one side, sitting on a chair, or having her hands to her hips with her feet firmly to the ground.

The right side of the dps would consist of 4 columns going down the page, where there would be one picture covering the bottom of the 2 first columns and another picture on the top going over the third and forth column. There might be a quote on the bottom of the third and forth column referring to the picture that is on the bottom going over column 1 and 2. There will an index on the top going over column 1 and 2 in bold letters.
The masthead will begin in the end of the left side page and go over to the right side.

No comments:

Post a Comment