Monday 20 February 2012

Final Pages

I'm very pleased with my final pages.
Front cover
This is the Front cover I ended up with. It is drawing lines back to the front cover analysis’s I did, especially NME’s front cover. The similarities are shown though the strong cover photograph and the minimalistic use of text.
The cover maintains a simple look with open spaces and few colours – white and black. The ratio of image and text is in context with one another, whereas the person in the picture is directing the readers the attention further from the image to the text with her hands.


Contents page
For my contents page I wanted to have several pictures with a cover line underneath each image. The purpose was to have various pictures with a different use of mise-en-scene and different editing’s.  For each photograph I have used a unique font, which I thought matched the photograph. Therefore there are several fonts, which are connecting to the images in their own unique way.
I understood by the survey that my audience was most keen on having a contest in the magazine where they could win concert tickets. 

 

Double page spread
For the double page spread I wanted the picture to go over the whole left side, whereas the person in the picture needed to have a strong posture that would use approximately the whole left page. I have made the ground that was on the image go over to the left side connection the to pages. The other pictures I have used are one of her mouth with red lipstick where she is “saying” a quote that is located on the right side of the picture. The third picture on the page is of her feet with a tattoo quote that is in the text and her red shoes. So the red, black and skin tones are repeating though the page. Again I got the inspiration for the design from NME but this time their dps. 

I had so much text for my dps, so I had to make an extra page.
For my second double page spread I used a photo from the same photo shoot as the front cover photograph – having the same mise-en-scene except from the composition. Now the photo is taken from a shot that contains her whole body, with a quote over her head – as if she is thinking the quote.

I have a layout of 4 columns going down each page. 

No comments:

Post a Comment